« Home | Hitting the nineteenth and putting another year a... » | Trying to get in the Christmas spirit seems to be ... » | Ok here's the first blog for a while since i've be... » | I've gotta say that the food for thought conferenc... » | Well yesterday was all about letting go!Making way... » | Well i've had a pretty typical weekend looking aft... »


I had a go at some mountain biking yesterday, it went great and was lots of fun. Me and nick(brother) went riding in the woods near home trying to find some good downhills to race each other on. When i started going down the first hill it was really muddy and when i almost hit a tree at the bottom i started to think that it was a mistake. I was soon reassured though when we saw something incredibly beautiful. We came out of the first wood into a field, struggled across to the end and i realised that my gloves were missing. It started raining and we turned round to go get them when a rainbow formed just in front of us. Their we were the sun in the field, the shadows of us sitting on bikes and the rainbow over our heads. The end of the rainbow was in the same field as us. I've never seen anything quite as inspiring in my life.
After that moment it was time literally for some down to earth moments for me, as in the next wood a fell off twice in the space of 2 minutes. Firstly down a muddy bank and then into a small stream where i got drenched all down one side. We had lots of fun getting real mudded up racing one-another through the woods almost hitting trees and riding down sets of steps. It was brilliant, the only tuff part was peddling through mud and pushing the bike up the banks on the way home after four hours of riding. It gets you fit!
When we made it home though we had a nice big Sunday dinner waiting for us, which made us think that this is what Sunday is all about.

Sounds perfect Chris. Rainbows and mud! And sunday dinner, what else dya need. When I go running (not v. often) but when I do, I like running through mud. It's just such good fun, it takes my mind off the agony of it all.

Cyling? Running? Good grief. Digging with a spade is as fast as I want my exercise to get!

Post a Comment

free player from mysplayer.com