« Home | It has been aaaages since my last post, so i apolo... » | Today was the day that my bike got sold and offici... » | Welcome to the New Year everyone!I'm toasting the ... » | Merry ChristmasIt's probably a little late for a X... » | I had a go at some mountain biking yesterday, it w... » | Hitting the nineteenth and putting another year a... » | Trying to get in the Christmas spirit seems to be ... » | Ok here's the first blog for a while since i've be... » | I've gotta say that the food for thought conferenc... » | Well yesterday was all about letting go!Making way... »


Thanks for all the encouragement that everyone gave me for passing my driving test.

I managed to pass thankfully a week ago to nearly this very minute. It's very strange to look back and say that a week ago i was in despair at the thought that the test was just about upon me. Now i can say "what was i worrying about." However as always i was unable to keep the negative thoughts completely at bay as i had some quite hilariously annoying circumstances to deal with. so here are a few:


  1. It had been snowing in Buxton where i was taking the test

  2. i was worrying as normal

  3. Which led to me convincing my self i had food poisoning

  4. Couldn't stand my driving instructor

  5. rain, hail n snow to start the test

  6. the five way middle o town traffic lights weren't working

So with this all happening just for me a lot of doubt barged its way into my mind. By the end i'd convinced myself that i must have failed, with all the pencil scratching he was doin next to me. any how i didn't n it's a big load off my mind.


Driving on your own for the first time is a little weird. All of a sudden i realized that i'm responsible for the car i'm driving and everyone else's that i scrape past as well. It's all a little lonely as well, especially with no radio. I've decided that it'll be the time that sing to myself, just to keep myself company.


Any how thanx again for all the encouragement on my last post.


Cheers

Triumph over adversity. How much courage it must have taken. You alone are responsible for this achievement Chris164. I am SO pleased for you. :-) My driving test was the most terrifying experience of my life so far, hope that encourages you even more.

Oh and love the tunes - nice touch!

Congratulations! That's great news. The awareness of the empty seat beside you is such a weird feeling. You'll get used to it, but keep hold of that sense of responsibility, and you'll be fine. Well done!

well done chris!!!!!!

i knew you'd do it!!!!

i know what you mean about driving on your own its really strange for a wee while!

you'll def av 2 get the old radio sorted though, 4 me at least, its a must and the highlight of aving a drive, i love driving with no particular destination planned with my tunes blazin and the open road!

so chuffed for ya!

purkul
x

well done Chris - have wheels will travel.
And it's good to see you blogging again

Hi Chris - and congratulations, I am SO pleased for you, and to have passed under the adverse conditions you described, is a HUGE achievment. WELL DONE!
Taking my driving test was the most nerve racking experience of my life,(and it took 2 attempts) you did it in one!

And if what I said to you, helped in a small way as you suggest, that is a double bonus. Thank you for acknowledging it.

Love the tunes and the little animated figure by the way. D x

CORRECTION! - giving birth was the most nerve-racking experience of my life! (and I wasn't even given 'L' plates!) D x

P.S. Giving birth was also the most WONDERFUL experience of my life, I'm not sure quite how I got from driving tests to giving birth, (went off on a tangent there I think!)
I'd also like to thank you for the positive comments that you made regarding my blog - much appreciated! D x

no probs domenica always glad to read your great blog posts.

Hello chris164,

Just a quick reminder that the Mind Bloggling Online Survey is back on line.

It can be found at:

http://www.mindbloggling.org.uk/-_online_survey_.htm

Or follow the ‘online survey’ link on the home page of the Mind Bloggling Website:

www.mindbloggling.org.uk

Please spread the word!

Thank You

Emma & Nat

hya u,

just posting c if your ok really, it'd be nice hear how your doin

purkul
x

Post a Comment

free player from mysplayer.com